Thursday, May 23, 2013

Artsonia.com

Artsonia.com is the world's largest kids art gallery!  I love this for my classroom because students are able to make a digital portfolio of their work.  Kids loose stuff!  Artsonia.com keeps it forever.

A student that begins art with me in the 7th grade can track their progress and build their portfolio over time.

The account belongs to the student.  So, if a student moves to another school they can still view and add to their portfolio.

There is also an app for that!  The app allows for easy use of this site.  As a teacher, I can snap a picture with my phone and drop it where it needs to go very easily. The students can do this too.  I plan to make big use of this when our school allows students to bring their own devices next school year.

This site offers a store where items may be purchased that have the student's art on each item! Parents love this if they know about it.  15% of sells comes back to your classroom.  This would make a great fundraiser for elementary school students.

When a teacher puts a class set of work onto the site, other students are able to see for themselves how others did the project.  This can encourage better work without saying a word.

Comments can be left but are screened through the parent's email and the parent must allow the posting.

There is also a section that is a resource for lesson plans.  I can be inspired by a project that another school is doing and look up their plan to add it to my year.

It is such a useful awesome site....I hope you will give it a try in your class room.
Artsonia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment